Friday, September 5, 2008

the last pictures

Up until Thursday, I had gotten as many pictures with pols as I had dog puppets. That changed today. Due to mainly accident I would up in the staging area below the Xcel Center. Because the flow of influential people was incredible, I stayed. I wound up with pics with Governor Mike Huckabee, Senators Olympia Snowe and Bill Frist, and Congressman Peter King, in addition to those mentioned below.

I met Megyn Kelly! She was really nice. On the scale of wonderful women, she ranks just a notch below Sarah Palin.


I saw Katie Couric! This picture is perfect!


I was wandering around the Suite level and all of a sudden the entire cast of Special Report with Brit Hume walked out! I love that show! Yeah, I know, I need to get a life. I got pictures with Brit Hume, Mort Kondracke, and Neal Cavuto. I've been told I look like Cavuto... thoughts?


A beautiful picture of our next Vice President. You'll notice that the stage has been completely redone. It was originally a giant rectangle. Now it's more of a T.


McCain comes out on stage. A nice touch.


I literally reached down and picked up hand fulls of confetti and shoved them in to my pockets. When I went to pay for a cab later that night, wads of confetti fell out, along with my wallet. I wanted to bring balloons home, but keeping them inflated was not feasible. So I popped them.


Amid the confetti were small circular pieces of paper with the RNC logo one side and a picture of J-Mac on the other. Some had John alone, others had John with Cindy, who has an awful perm on her head.


The signs I snagged. There are a lot more people wanting signs than signs- add in the fact that people take as many as they can get their hands on, it makes for a fierce battle. It's common to see people walking up and down the aisles looking for signs.


Don't ask what I had to do to get this sign. The party in question was hosted by the owner of the New York Jets.

No comments: